History of the EHS
A number of distinctive resources now exist from which the history of the EHS and of economic and social history in and of Britain can be constructed. These include:
- The Beginnings of the Economic History Society (Economic History Review, 30(1), pp.1-19), by Professor T.C. Barker.
- Living Economic and Social History (2001): volume prepared for the 75th Anniversary Annual Conference.
- History of the Economic History Society, 1926-2001, by Negley Harte. (Preface of the the Living Economic and Social History volume.)
- Bio-Bibliography of Economic and Social History: by Professor D.A. Farnie and G. Tweedale, being an enlarged edition of that prepared for the Living Economic and Social History volume.
- A Review of the Economic History Review during the last 50 years, by Professor Sir Tony Wrigley.