Undergraduate Project Facility Grant
The Society will consider applications for small grants for undergraduate projects in economic and social history.
The projects must be for final degree examinations in United Kingdom colleges and universities. The amount awarded will not normally be over £250.
How to apply:
- There is no application form. Students should compose a brief statement.
- The student should send the application to the administrative secretary at the email address below.
- The application should give the title and proposed nature of the project.
- It should clearly indicate how the research is related to economic and/or social history.
- It should include anticipated expenditure and explain the need for that expenditure.
- It should indicate how much the project will contribute to the final degree classification.
- The supervisor should send a letter of support separately to the administrative secretary. The letter must explain how the project relates to economic and/or social history.
- Applications may be submitted at any time.
Please note that no award will be made for:
- Subsistence costs (i.e. food and drink)
- The purchase of equipment, books and other materials
- Conference attendance costs
Further information may be obtained from the administrative secretary.