Nomination and Election of the EHS President and Honorary Secretary
- Published Date:
- 05 Jun, 2018
Nomination and Election Procedure:
- Each nomination must be supported by a total of five members of the Society, whose names must accompany the nomination.
- Council members can submit one nomination only for each office for which there is a vacancy.
- Nominations must be accompanied by: a brief CV; a note of service to the Society; and a one-page paper on how they perceive the office and how they intend to contribute to the advantageous development of the Society, if elected.
- A Nomination and Election Committee will be convened by the Executive. This Committee will normally include the two Council representatives on the Executive and will exclude the incumbent officers for the election and any nominees to the vacant office(s).
- The Committee will scrutinise the nominations and, if required, propose two candidates for election to each vacant office. If no suitable candidate has been proposed, the Committee will make a further request to Council for nominations. If the Committee concludes that there is only one suitable candidate, the AGM will be asked to approve that individual.
- The mode of election will be an electronic ballot of all members of the Society.
- Following an election, a single name will be presented for approval to the AGM.
- Should an election be required, electronic voting will be via the Society’s website.
If you have any queries, please contact the Society’s administrator, Maureen Galbraith.