The 2018 Annual Conference will be held at Keele University, Friday 6 - Sunday 8 April. Registration, sessions, most accommodation* and meetings will all be located on campus. Campus map with conference venues highlighted (in the yellow 'comments' boxes alongside relevant buildings).
- Press briefings: selected papers presented at the conference.
- The conference programme can be found here. It includes copies of full papers, where provided.
- Conference booklet which includes abstracts of papers and useful conference information.
- Brief guide to conference arrangements (including information on registration, accommodation, parking, travel, etc)
- Registration is now open. It will close 1 week prior to the conference (i.e. Friday, 30 March 2018).
- Call for academic papers; deadline: closed 4 September 2017.
- Call for new researcher papers; deadline: closed 4 September 2017.
- Call for new researcher posters; deadline: closed 24 November 2017.
Keele University is a rural campus located in the north of Staffordshire, midway between Birmingham and Manchester and a short distance from the city of Stoke-on-Trent. It is easily accessible from the main UK motorways, whilst having excellent links to Stoke-on-Trent and Crewe rail and bus services. Information on airports can be found below.
Manchester International: 32 miles
Birmingham International: 44 miles
East Midlands International: 50 miles
Liverpool John Lennon: 53 miles
*Accommodation will be in single ensuite bedrooms. All rooms have tea/coffee making facilities, towels and toiletries. There are no double rooms available on campus.
Local hotel accommodation can be found below (not necessarily recommended by the EHS).
The Holiday Inn on Junction 15 of the M6 - 4 miles
The Moat House (Best Western) - 4.5 miles
Premier Inns: Trentham and Newcastle-Under-Lyme (in Chesterton) - 7 and 5 miles respectively
Wychwood Park Junction 16 of the M6 - 8 miles
Future Annual Conferences
Previous Annual Conferences